Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Saturday, March 18, 2006

My friend John Baker's advice on getting published!


Here’s a comment from my blog friend and published author John Baker on getting published

I wish you well with your novel. It is not an easy thing to do, first to write it, and then to place it with a publisher, agent.

It's not 'done' I'm afraid to introduce people in the trade. Even with a couple of my best friends I have not been able to get my agent to read their work.

You have to do some background reading, see what the agents you fancy arelooking for, interested in, and then make a direct approach.

Only approach reputable agents. Look in the writers and artists’ yearbook,and you'll be okay.
Never give an agent or a publisher any money. They're supposed to give thestuff to you.

No comments: