Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Have You Seen Your Innards?

Have you ever seen the insides of your stomach? Nyet? I have, recently. The good doctor sprayed some medicine, asked me to swallow, and then inserted the endoscope, and asked me to swallow again. And there on the computer screen was my innards, the place where my food goes, my precious stomach, inside of my guts, on screen. It was kind of reddish with a lot of folds and I could only wonder how much trouble it has gone through from my frequent gorging on inedible food. I decided then that I would take good care of it and wouldn’t let it be sick again. So it is goodbye to junkfood, roadside eating, shadowy watering holes, and bad food in general.

With this post I have crossed 700 posts on this blog. Have a drink? No thanks, I will celebrate in all sobriety!

1 comment:

Parth said...

It's always strange, looking inside your body. I remember the EEG I have had of the heart. The technician was pretty and I had to be very conscious to avoid any stupid "my heart" comment.

The heart looks pretty much like what you'd imagine. It makes very peculiar sounds, though.

I enjoy reading your blog. Keep up the good work.

-- Parth (somniumcache.blogspot.com)