Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Friday, March 14, 2008

It’s hot; and the Power of the Subconscious Mind

The heat is here. I felt it’s sting in the train yesterday, the swelter, the feeling as if the skin is erupting into a hundred rashes, the clothes soaks in sweat, and the air is filled with a kind of loathsome lassitude that makes one want to retreat into the airconditioning which has become a part of our working lives.

There’s the craving for soft, aerated drinks, which makes the thirst even more intense. No, never drink those aerated water mixed with sugar and god alone knows what additives. Rickshaws went on a flash strike yesterday in Belapur, damn, and I had to walk all the way home. No, I didn’t walk all the way home, I took a bus that goes to the bus depot from the railway station, and then walked it. I think it is the rickshaw drivers showing their might; their unrecognised might by going on such flash strikes. More of this is in store in future because they are at the receiving end of liberalisation and modernisation.

The market fell again, oh, hmm. Guess Indian markets aren’t mature enough and the primordial rumour mentality takes over. That could only mean that people are not holding on and are selling at a loss. This is the same sort of tribal instinct that poet friend David Raphael Israel referred when the Kitab 2008 festival was cancelled. He said it was a kind tribal instinct fostered from aeons ago of following the product of fearful speculation. Well, we aren’t a mature market yet, but I hope we get there. I exited all my stocks before the fall so I am not a big causality. However, a friend who was sitting on a big pile of investments found it reduced to almost 33 per cent of what he had assiduously built up.

I am reading a very interesting book, “The Power of Your Subconscious Mind” by Dr. Joseph Murphy, which is very interesting. Dr. Murphy says that the human body is able to heal itself, regenerate its own cells, and make one better, if one believes and leaves it to the subconscious mind. I am all taken by his suggestions and am already implementing in my life, and I believe healing, prosperity will be mine.

No comments: