Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Monday, May 19, 2008

Blogger Amitabh Bachchan on the Need to Talk Straight to His Fans!

To a question by Subhash K Jha "You seem to have become far more frank and forthright, far less diplomatic than you used to be."

Id est, after starting blogging on Bigadda.com the Bachchan patriarch has become more forthright, here comes the frank reply, which I guess comes straight from that shapely mouth and exquisite articulation:

"Maybe. But I think it comes from the knowledge that what you write or express has the ability to go across to the reader without dilution or moderation. The absence of the ‘middleman’ in this business, as an eminent colleague from your fraternity described the situation, helps in the purity of my output. This is not to challenge the purity of the middlemen or their intention, but it is sometimes more desirable to deal directly. I try to be as honest as I can in my out pouring and yes they may seem to you to be more frank and forthright and less diplomatic, but I wonder too at times whether that has been judicious of me. As I spoke in my last blog of DAY 28(i), words and expressions can get twisted and misinterpreted and can cause unwanted hurt or a misunderstanding. These are some of the misgivings that all in the public domain have to be careful about. A twisted or misinterpreted thought could create an avalanche of negativity, which in turn could fructify into harsh and ugly acts. I would hate for that to happen and whenever it has, I have not hesitated to tender an apology or to correct myself if I have done wrong. I am human and I will make mistakes."

To read more go to Amitabh Bachchan Blog here.

I love this guy, always have after having seen him in Anand, Namak Haram (I saw it yesterday, again), Zanjeer, Sholay, Coolie, Mili, Majboor, Dostana, etc. etc. His words are so genuine and he is so soft spokenly harsh with his critics. Must master that technique when I become faymbous and all that... if ever....

No comments: