Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Monday, December 01, 2008

Achu in Trouble; Dog Quote!

Here's one more post before sleep overcomes. The Kerala Chief Minister didn't visit Sandeep Unnikrishnan's family for the funeral, while the Karnataka Chief Minister did. This had the slain NSG commando's father all disturbed and when Achudanandan finally did arrive, refused to let them in the house. This led to an altercation between Sandeep's father and the CM's entourage. Read the story here.

However, the Kerala CM went to the extent of saying on camera to the effect "it was because of Sandeep's martyrdom that I visited there, otherwise not even a dog would have looked into their house." Well, well that's unparliamentary language for sure. I am left wondering why do politicians open their mouths wide enough to start sucking at their toes. R.R.Patil did it and got the sack, and here's another.

By the by Poovannamnilkunnathil Mathaichettan has sent me his favorite dog quote, from Dave Barry, "You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'"

No comments: