Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Monday, May 10, 2010

“But Novelists Are Stubborn… They Refuse to Give Up”


Liked this quote from Amitav Ghosh's acceptance speech while accepting the Dan David Prize:

"But novelists are stubborn: when young, they refused to give up novel-writing, despite the worried advice of their families. The more we were told to turn our backs, the more we wanted to see – and to speak – for ourselves."

I for one know this to be true. I will keep writing novels irrespective of whether anyone publishes it or not. I could be the world's most prolific unpublished novelist. Hehe. Even ignominy has its charm, doesn't it?

4 comments:

ZB said...

John, Write as if you never wanna publish it and then it will get published.my 2 bit. :D

Rinzu said...

WOW UNCLE...ATHU KALAKIYALLO...!!!

I LOVED THE DIALOGUES IN MALAYALAM...

WOULD READ YOU OTHER POSTS AS AND WHEN TIME PERMITS...


REGARDS


RINZU SUSAN RAJAN

Unknown said...

ZB, thanks.

Rinzu, thanks. Valarey nandi. Please keep reading my blog.

Unknown said...

as george berkeley has stated, "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" or as pope has written, "What's fame? A fancied life in others' breath," or "Like Roses that in Desarts bloom and die". soldier on, write.