Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Of Technorati Tags and Sarah Palin and Dan Quayle

Technorati, the acknowledged and well-connected blog rating site has a feature called Tagging. I occasionally write for Technorati. The advantage of a tagged article is that it is looked upon as an authoritative piece on the subject and is linked and referred to often on the blogosphere. You can be a writer on Technorati and blogcritics. Here's where you go.

Here for example is a Technorati tagged article on Sarah Palin - that venerated bumbler of a Veep.

On the subject of Sarah Palin I don't know how that great democracy across the seas throws up such gauche presidents and voice presidents.I don't know what is the political process there. Really, I would like to know how Amrika selects its Presidents and Vice-presidents.I would like to know if this is a trend or the last great dumbing down of Amrika, before it descends into illiteracy and general idiocy.

Example:
  • George Bush II (see any of his pronouncements on "eyerak" and you will die laughing, really.)
  • Dan Quale (George Bush's running mate who spelt "Potato" as "Potatoe" and insisted he is right.)
  • Bill Clinton (Should I? Should I?)
  • Ronald Reagan (Photogenic but not a chromosome of intelligent thought.)
At least India produces politicians who are wily deniers, liers, and alleged murderers. Yes, after this process of dumbing down that's what U.S. is descending into is my guess.

No comments: