Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Monday, June 27, 2011

Interview with Author Zadie Smith

An interview with author Zadie Smith appears here on literateur.com. She is one of the leading contemporary voices in literature at the age of 35. Here's an excerpt for those interested in this writer:

I think I'm a control freak by nature, but one of the things I look for in other people's writing is the ability to confer freedom. That's what I want to be able to do myself. I like a writer who doesn't have to be in total control of how their readers react. More mystery, less explanation. All I can say is I'm working on it. But it's so hard! I really feel I'm just at the base of a huge mountain called 'learning how to write'. I'm still only 35. Learning to write is a task that takes up your whole life.

Must say being a control freak is a good thing for writers. Or, is it? 

No comments: