Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Thursday, February 16, 2012

A New Circadian Rhythm for Me

Am reading Deepak Chopra's "Perfect Digestion." Some years ago I had read "Perfect Health" and adopted some of the tips he had given, which I subsequently gave up. I chanced across this book at a local book store and I am liking his observations some of which are encouraging. He says that the body is capable of healing itself and that we are all wired to be healthy and not unhealthy. The thing is that we lead such pressurised lives that we make the choice to ignore our bodies and our health. Just look at the faces of some of your colleagues and you will know what I am talking about: chalky skin, knotty hair, sulky attitude and lots of depression. Yetch!

The greatest culprit in this case is the computer. Yes, the very one on which I am typing now. Computers and the Internet have made us into static, motion-less sphinxes who have practically given up on some activity or the other. The Internet is a very involving medium and at work since we use it so often we don't know what changes are happening inside our bodies due to this stasis.

So I have again decided to do the following things:

1. Meditate for 15 minutes
2. Drink a glass of warm water
3. Massage with sesame seed oil (til oil)
4. Do yogasanas
5. And, finally, be relaxed and supercool.

I hope with these my complaints will reduce and I will be able to complete my novel and many other commitments that have been lined up.

I am @johnwriter on Twitter and John.Matthew on Facebook. I blog here.

No comments: