Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Digital Power Index Is Out -- Who's on Top?

Here's to Digital Power. And, to geek power. Hm.

The Newsweek Daily Beast Digital Power Index is out and here are the results. The categories include: Visionaries, Innovators, Evangelists, Angels, Personalities, Revolutionaries, Builders, Opinionists, Navigators, and Virologists. To me, it conforms to what the computer geeks in the office would come up with, if asked to pick their categories.

Topping in visionaries is Jeff Bezos of Amazon. In the other sections: Bill Gates gets lifetime achievement in Visionaries and Tim Berners Lee in Innovation. What appalls the absence of any Indian-sounding name. And we thought we were tops when programming and geekery were concerned.

Oh, by the way, Mark Zuckerberger ranks third in the Visionaries category.

I am @johnwriter on Twitter and John.Matthew on Facebook. I blog here. View my Youtube Channel Page. Read about my novel Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard.

No comments: